Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pass This On




I’ve already mentioned that in past few months I rarely find time to sew for myself.. Special occasions are usually the reason when I try to squeeze a few hours for selfish sewing and I always leave it for the last couple of hours until the event.. My high school best friend's wedding was one of those occasions and this is the dress I made in limited amount of time.. I had a very busy week and I delayed making the dress until Friday, and the wedding was on Saturday.. To be more precise, I started cutting the fabric at 19h on Friday, counting that 4 hours would be enough to finish sewing everything.. I already knew which fabric I wanted to use, and that strapless dress was the best choice for my fabric pick.. I needed a safe pattern because there was no time for mistakes.. 



My first choice was the pattern #107 from Burda 03/2010.. I’ve made a dress using that pattern before, and I know that the fit is great, but form my fabric choice I needed a simpler bodice.. It would be a shame to cut that beautiful flower print I used for the bodice.. That’s the reason I picked a pattern I used three times before (1, 2, 3).. It’s a pattern for bustier #124 from Burda 01/2012..  Six pieces for the bodice, and the print is saved.. The print was also the reason why I chose to place the invisible zipper at the left side instead at the back of the dress.. 

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Chandelier


 ♫ ♪ Death In Rome - Chandelier (Sia)
Song has been removed after publishing this post :( Another strange thing happen, this post was reverted to first version of draft, not by me.. I lost original text I wrote so I'm adding shorter version published on my profiles on Kollabora and BurdaStyle.. 


This dress is my new version of one of my favorite dresses I made a couple years ago.. I waited to find a fabric that would be interesting to use for this silhouette.. When I saw this stripy print fabric I immediately knew that it’s the one for my remake..  The fabric is lightweight cotton with print that creates stripes.. The print looks great looking up close.. The pattern for the dress is very easy to draft.. All that I needed was a pattern for a woven tank top that has only bust darts.. I wanted to play more with direction of stripes so I created yokes on front and back of the bodice.. Sleeves are just a rectangles.. The skirt is also made from two gathered rectangles.. On the waist seam I added elastic to create a nice silhouette and make it comfy to wear.. 








Behind the camera - мој Матија